Thread: Mac Help Needed...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mac Help Needed...

All of a sudden, everyone's images are looking too dark on my Macbook Pro. I happened to glance down and noticed that the last three black boxes on the right on the calibration strip are all blocked up black.

If you know how to make the monitor brighter please let me know .

thanks, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Click on your keyboard key -it is on top row, third from the left. It shows a little sun logo and F2 in the corner of the key!
    The key to its left says F1 and this dims the brightness
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Many thanks Gail. That worked and I did not know it :(.

The last three boxes on the left are barely distinguishable; are there any other adjustments that I might try?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Profiling and calibration addresses just that issue. In the past it has been hit-or-miss with laptops but the newer packages should work with a new laptop. Check the Spyder or the Eye One. You don't need the advanced versions -- just the basic ones.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Apple menu -- system preferences -- display --color --profile. This is an eyeball solution but may help.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A caution about screen brightness: When a calibration program is run it sets the screen brightness, along with black and white points. (The issue you are describing is with the black point.) Once calibration is complete, the programs caution you not to change screen brightness or the calibration will no longer be correct. On a laptop, that would mean disabling auto screen brightness based on ambient light.