Thread: Theme: Hungry Cormorant

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Hungry Cormorant

This is one 3 in a small set that i`ve created that shows the cormorant`s plumage evolution from normal stage to full breeding stage.
    In this one the cormorant`s plumage is half way to the breeding stage with beauty (imho). The full set can be found at http://www.luispatacao.com/#!corvo-marinho/cpt9.

Retrato Corvo Marinho by Patacão, on Flickr

Techs: D7000, 500mm at f8
    PP: Small crop, curves adjustment

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the molting plumage! Neat curvature to the pose. Well exposed with good details and colours. BG is very nice overall, I just wish there was not a whitish area in the lower right corner. I'm personally torn on the insect: it is an interesting addition and tells a story, but if I were to print it the bug would go.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Luis:

Good comments from Daniel. Although shot at f/8, the DOF distribution seems biased too far forward, and the crown and neck are a bit soft. I often will do a couple of shots with the focus point slightly different, to be able to pick the best balance of depth of field.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments from both. Daniel, i have others without the bug, but included this one on the set because of it.

Randy, good feedback on the dof distribution. The focusing point if i recall was on the eye but wasnt enough.

Thanks