Thread: Morro Bay ROCKing....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Morro Bay ROCKing....

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created at Morro Bay on the evening of March 14, 2015 with the hand held Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens (at 100mm) and the amazing Canon EOS 7D Mark II. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +1/3 stop: 1/100 sec. at f/5.6. Color Temperature: 9000K.

Six AF points below and one to the right of the center AF point/AI Servo Expand/Rear Focus AF as framed was active at the moment of exposure (as is always best when hand holding). I put the active AF point on the sand in front of the bird as it was easier for the AF system to hold focus. Click here to see the latest version of the Rear Focus Tutorial. Click on the image to see a larger version.

Morro Bay has been amazingly productive. Consider joining me this coming FRI thru SUN; click here for details: http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2015/...e-versatility/
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another gorgeous one! Love the sunset tones, and the bird "pace" in the wet sand Arthur, nothing to critique IMHO.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beautiful birdscape image! love the reflection on the sand forming the orange lines where the bird is walking. Nicely done.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I liked this when I saw it in your blog - still do!

The way the sun catches those ripples in the sand and the effect of the colour there is really awesome - sets it apart.

Regards, Gerald

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just smiles... show me something that is not perfect. Lovely image Artie, have a safe trip back to Florida.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Amazing bird scape image. Love everything about it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning scenery and the bird just puts the icing on the cake!

TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great looking Sunset scene and I really like the silhouette of the Bird walking across the colorful Sand. Nice frame.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com