Thread: Duplicity

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Duplicity

Name:  _O2P7768-copy.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  166.0 KB

Two Snow Geese come to land and it just so happened that they coordinated exactly and symmetrically with each other so it looks like almost a time lapse. Wish the dark bush on the right wasn't there, and the light was nicer, but some aspects I cannot control.

1DIII, canon 300/2.8 L IS with x2TCII, F/7.1, ISO500, Bombay Hook WR, 2015

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Divr:

I like the shooting angle on this one, with the flock on the ground, and you looking up towards the incoming geese.

Nice synchronized pose.

I actually find the dark tree top above the landing geese more distracting than the big one on the right, mainly because my eye is drawn immediately to the landing geese, and the contrast against the sky makes the tree behind them really pop.

You could probably soften the contrast a bit in that area to reduce its impact.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful capture! Randy has a good point about the tree behind them, but for me it adds to the dynamic nature of the scene.

It would be interesting to crop out the geese on the ground and clone out the OOF one in the air, and just focus on the two in formation. It wouldn't be difficult to lighten the tree on the right. I do find it a bit heavy, in part because it's not an interesting shape.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the landing pose, and you had soft light to work with. I find both the OOF goose and the one behind the main subject distracting, the OOF one is easy to clone out, the other one not so much. It's a bit soft and lacking in details was this a huge crop?

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you all for the comments, I will see what I can do about the dark bushes and the other goose.

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    I like the landing pose, and you had soft light to work with. I find both the OOF goose and the one behind the main subject distracting, the OOF one is easy to clone out, the other one not so much. It's a bit soft and lacking in details was this a huge crop?

TFS
    The other goose I agree, the one behind the main subject is the point of the image, that it looks like a time lapse almost. My screen is huge now, used to work on a laptop now on an AsusPA279Q, and when you downsize to 1000px, the image is really small, so it is hard to judge sharpness for the web so I might have under sharpened as the original is decently sharp.