Thread: Bonaparte's II

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bonaparte's II

Attached Images Attached Images

Attachment 149963

Shot this the same morning as the one previously posted alongside BPN member Allen Sparks. It was quite a challenge because the far shoreline was in actuality not very far at all, and it was the same color as the birds. A lot of manual focus re-orientation was required to lock-in on these fast and erratic flyers. However, there was plenty of action and we all had a good time attempting to track these birds as they fished.

Techs:
    D3S
    700mm
    f/7.1
    1/2500
    ISO 400

All C&C welcome. I believe the only editing was a slight crop, some slight sharpening of the bird, and a slight WB adjustment.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Lyle,

I like the composition with space below and the bird looking down - I guess for more fish to grab. Exposure and sharpness look good and I find the background to be complimentary. I really enjoyed the outing - let's do it again when you can.

Allen

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Definitely my favorite gull to photograph. Like you said, they fly so erratic they're almost like a tern. They hunt insects over the water out here in the late spring as they're here for a few weeks.Nice capture with great exposure control and a beautiful pose. The details and background look fantastic also. Very well done.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image - well composed and beautiful colours, subject well exposed, the BG is great and makes the bird stand out very well

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea