Thread: This is the End.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default This is the End.

Attached Images Attached Images

A rare bird kill at the pond. I was at the wrong End of the pasture, flapping wingtips alerted me that there might be action at the pond. A 200 yard run to find a woman had abandoned her camera, telling me it was too difficult to watch. This was one of the first 30 shots before stopping to check the exposure. I ended up with about 200 shots before she flew off with the kill.
    1dx 840mm
    Iso 800 F/8 1/3200 full frame
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow Robert what a story and what a great image. I can feel your excitement at finding this The title goes very well. I love the pose and you can tell from the expression whats going to happen next. Nice and sharp with good feather detail. Good comp but not very sure about the foreground. I bet when you got your breath back after she flew off Good work and thanks for sharing this moment

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks you William. I am not happy with the foreground either, I was on a tripod at this point, Experience has taught me get the shot. At the time of this shot I was wishing my extender was not attached.
    Robert Kimbrell

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What an event! Wow, I have never seen anything like that. William is exactly right, this is one of those times I would have stopped breathing until it was over. The FG as mentioned is my only crit, I'd love to see more especially if you got a good shot with him angled towards you.