Thread: Slow loading pages

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Slow loading pages

I am experiencing web pages on the forum very slow when typing or posting photos. A message then shows saying 'wait' or 'kill page' as it is unresponsive. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, please help, it took me 15 mins just to post this :(

Thanks in advance

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bill, all seems to be running fine for me. Sorry, and hope it fixes itself soon for you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi William,i'm very new and also not great with computers,but I have seen this on other sites. For me at least I believe it's due to the service being provided to me ie the actual internet service. i'm between to little villages in the midland UK William. This slightly remote location leaves me with very poor web,it's provided by BT. I just wonder on seeing your location up in fife whether a similar problem might apply. William my issues seem to often relate to harsh weather conditions high winds being a primary contenderthat said it's blowing like **** here and today all is well.

Buddy I might be completely wrong,but it's worth a try,you might try unplugging your router for ten plus seconds,this can sometimes right the issue

best of luck

Stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stuart, Thanks for the reply. All other sites are ok. Just BPN. I did uninstall and reinstalled my web browser, google chrome, this worked for a while, but then went slow again. Just have to put up with it, sometimes it is ok.

Cheers

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Running OK here Will, perhaps it's the weather at your end?

6. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Running fine at this end too, hope it gets resolved for you soon as I can imagine how painful it is to browse your favorite website!!

8. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It does sound like an issue with your internet service provider. We are in a small valley (60 miles from downtown San Francisco!) and suffered through satellite service for years until a new neighbor discovered we could just barely get a microwave signal from a distant tower. With satellite, BPN had more problems than many other sites, but now with no lag time issues which plague satellite service, everything is fast with no hitches.

10. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post