Hi,

Another 'where to go' thread!

First week in June this year, I'll be having a few days staying on Treasure Island. This is part of a family holiday, so 'me' time is limited to a couple of hours each day, which I plan to spend at Fort Desoto. I'll be getting Arties guide for this.

However, I will get one full day to myself and have come up with the following plan, which I appreciate is a bit of a whistle stop tour, but given the circumstances I can't get to know specific locations like I'd like to.

So - Out of bed early and drive down to Sanibel Island for the sunrise hours (more specific research needed on my part for the best locations), followed by a drive over to Cape Coral to scout out Burrowing Owl locations, then shoot them as the light improves before driving back for a beer and a sleep.

Gear wise, I'll be taking my 5d3 with 500mm f4is v1 and 1.4x. Currently I have the 70-200mm f4is, but plan to change this for either a 70-200mm f2.8 is ii with converter or the new 100-400mm ii. I'm currently leaning towards the latter for this trip, although the faster shorter zoom may see more action back in the UK.

WDYT? All suggestions welcome

regards

Mike