Thread: Yellow-throated Warbler

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-throated Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

With all the snow on the ground, I thought maybe a singing warbler would hasten the spring. I posted several other frames of this semi-rarity after I found him last April, but I liked this one because it shows what happens to his signature throat feathers when he expands his throat at the beginning of a song. Cloned out part of a branch.

D7000, 500f4 + 1.4, ISO 800, 1/2500s @ f/7.1 manual

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one Bill. Makes me think of spring but we have a big freeze on the way I hear. I reckon a bit more room around (especially right)would lift it a bit> Still a nice shot though. Interesting backdrop too !
    Cheers
    JohnR

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I too like the singing "action" of the throat feathers. Nice BG and details on the subject. The perch is good but too bad it is merging so much with the subject - I'd also prefer it better sunlit, but not much to do there except hope the warbler moves up higher. Looking forward to the spring migrants!

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another looker from this series, Bill. Well captured under harsh light and throat feathers well defined too. Well done. I remember driving up to the location after you started posting your captures. At least I saw him, or a relative at a distance.

Geoffrey

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Bill. Nice looking bird, great pose. Just a wee bit, too much, strong light on it. Nice capture though Love the contrast of colours. Good work

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone. Yes, the sun had gotten pretty harsh by the time I was able to locate this fellow and get him to come down out of the treetops.