Thread: " This is what i think of the Photographer " (C)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default " This is what i think of the Photographer " (C)

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all , have been this weekend with a friend to a Wildlife park where mainly European species are kept in captivity , the enclosures are relatively large for the normal standard . Sadly there are no real options for shooting with a long lens because of all the fences . so i had to use the 100 - 400 more or less exclusively . By sticking the lens through the fens i could manage togged some shots of the European Bison .
    This lady showed me her tongue , after she went for me and backed off a few meters . Luckily there was the electric fence that kept here away a few centimeters . I do not know why this female was somehow aggressive to me , not wearing grey socks , my friend was left alone by her even he did the sam as i did , sticking the lens through the fence.
    I would have loved to go lower for a better POV , but only the higher part of the fence was wide enough to stick the lens through .

This is just about the funny looking posing with the tongue out .

CanonEOS 1D MK IV
    EF 100 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/1000 sec ; no NR at any stage in processing

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC , minimal edits in PS like local contrast , curves with TK masks .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

she gave you that for the lens and that you did not get any electric shock! I wonder what you did with her nose! Looks like the digital eye doc had there his play or is frozen "Spiegel glatt" - translation in English - mirror flat! Not to forget the eye, hmmm
    Her face below the eye the hair does not show the usual details I am used from you Andreas! What happen? Did the new hamster cage had some errors?
    I am sure you can bring out some more details in the lovely facial hair

Have a great eve

Ciao Anette

Lifetime Member Charleen Ratcliff's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Andreas, this is a great shot and one that made me laugh! I agree with Anette there could be more detail in certain areas, but you deserve a gold star for not getting charged down or electrocuted!!

Kind regards, Charleen

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Great pose, dof, colors and tones. I also wondered if you got a shock when sticking the lens through the fence. I agree you could bring out a little more detail.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks ladies i am quite surprised that you asked for more details , ok Mr Nech Tech aka Mr Detail junior aka Andreas is trying to make the ladies happy .
    As this is for the MK iV a high iso at 3200 i wanted to be more conservative in edits .
    Regarding the fence , there have been actually two fences the one where i stuck my lens through , and a second one lower in height for the Bison to not get to the visitor in very close range . But the distance between the two fences was just 50 cm . But for me it was safe to shoot through the visitor fence !!!
    But i listened and come up with this ....... and what are you thinking now .

Thanks again , Andreas

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas - I think the rp is better. The additional detail works. Btw it doesn't work if you give yourself the nicknames, they have to come from others.

Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh i thought it works too, if i pick them up . Ok a new thing learned today , thanks Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I prefer the tones in the OP. Keep coming up with the nicknames till we come up with the most suitable one

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, good to get some more diversity on here.

Nice timing, a bit of fun and I like the framing, but I would flip it L to R, I think it sits better? Good detail from the ISO, strange I never really liked to push it on my MKIV, a no brainer now with the 1DXs.

Be careful who's toes you might be treading on with 'detail' , perhaps 'The Prof' (Professor) might be good, although I think Andreas you would have liked this - Vorsprung Durch Technik - ('advancement through technology')

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dumay and Steve for your thoughts and comments re nicknames and image .

Steve the raw is not even pin sharp , was really cold on Sunday and i was not well dressed for that weather either , so was hard to avoid shivering and shoot through fence and handholding .
    Well i thought i would tread on the whole foot , not only the toes . ´the prof ´for me or the person with the flattened toes , you have stolen something from Audi , not a nice behavior !!

Just for the fun of it , i flipped the RP , as you know i will never see that like you ......we are not that alike .

Cheers and have loads of fun with various name creations , i can stand them all , your NP

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas, Mr. B. E:)

I really like the OP more in terms of colours, BG, etc., although I find the last RP most striking in terms of presentation (looks much better when subject enters the scene from the right). The colours are more natural in the OP, dark fur and all, at least to me, having only seen this animal on Animal Planet Channel and not in real life). The detail is great - all I would like is a tad more sharpening. But just a tad

Hope my nit-picking did not dent my image of "nice girl", you know I love your work and I am only trying to give my honest opinion

Have a magical evening, and don't forget us your friends somewhere far off in Africa:)
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela i really appreciate your comment , what nit picking , i do not feel any !! Just my toes are hurting badly , like as i am picked up the kettle some moons ago . BTW all healed nothing to see !!!
    Please nice girl you should know that i do not like a polished comment just your honest opinion . Actually from the tonal POV the RP is coming closer to the reality , their are lighter than their relatives on the other side of the Ocean .
    But i stick with the sharpness , it is enough for me specially in the lighter tones , i will never understand why an animal coming in from the right side is looking better !!!???!!! ==)(/&%$ . Steve already tried to tell me in the past , but i did not get it .

How can i forget you guys ........., but please kick someone in the b... to be more active in here . He is missed somehow .

Cheers Andreas and say hi to Andre

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I see...I thought you lightened the fur too much, I never saw these guys in real life so I must be wrong:) They are mostly covered by snow and clashing really hard when I see them on the telly:)

About "animal coming in from the R side or L side"...you read text on a page from L to R, right? Used to "scanning" text, or page, from L to R? Well I guess it is more striking when your subject enters the scene from the opposite direction, maybe more impact? More surprise? Don't know, it just seems "right", LOL

Andreas, Andre is quiet because he is busy redesigning and building his camrack for the KTP in the workshop, servicing trailer and car, adding more "power "to the car...I am buying a GimPro tonight, no time to sit and think about it so decided to go ahead, no more bean bag and my Wemberley gimbal was great for the Landy but too tall for the Toyota...It's like playing roulette, buying something you never saw or tried out...hope it works...

Nite my friend, I am just pitching up with a comment here and there for now, love to look and enjoy and still learning a bit here and there by the way, would love to post something new but so far my latest work qualifies as "experiments"...

Thanks for sharing those wonderful images
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela , coming back late to you , sorry . Thanks for the additional info on L or R side and the latest update on Andre .

Wish you guys a pleasant weekend.