Thread: Larger Than Life........... Part 2

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Larger Than Life........... Part 2

Attached Images Attached Images

Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher......(Female Bird)
    Alibag, maharestra,india,
    October 2013...

It amaze me every time that these birds bring the skinks double his Owen size and how they feed it to there chicks. its amazing to see that the skink is 80 % times alive and the birds slam them to the branches of the tree and poor skink is going to eaten half alive..........

Enjoy........

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, that's an impressive diet. Gorgeous bird for sure, and the substantial prey takes this over the top.
    The image appears to show a magenta cast on my monitor. Please include exif data along with your images.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic Ritesh. Awesome image. Great BG and clarity on Bird's eye.
    I liked the skink which is more prominently focused and shows greater details of it.

Regards,
    Shantanu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a great looking frame. Love the skink and it's position in the beak. Lots of great colors and the detail look pretty good. Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent pose and colors, and the prey item is priceless. This is one good example where mediocre processing has taken away from a great photo. My advice is that you spend more time working on your some time on your processing techniques: doing so will pay big dividends.

TFS
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-22-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Is there any species of Kingfisher that looks anything but stunning? Brilliant image, absolutely love it.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    Excellent pose and colors, and the prey item is priceless. This is one good example where mediocre processing has taken away from a great photo. My advise is spend some time on your processing technique, it will make a big difference in the quality of your work.

TFS
    I would love to hear what you would do PP wise, preferably with a little detail, to learn from.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is an amazing capture. I love the skink and the the colorful bird and the perfect head angle. From where I sit the image is overall too dark and a bit over-saturated. I have addressed both of those issues with my repost. Ran a bit of NIK Detail Extractor and Tonal Contrast only on the bird. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

9. Thanks Phill Luckhurst thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That edit certainly makes a difference. It is only when you see different realisations of an image you get to appreciate how much subtle changes can make.

11. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ritesh,

In your original post the details are coarse and crunchy, in part because the RAW conversion was less than ideal. The image was also dark and over-saturated. Artie's repost addresses the color/darkness issues but to get maximum detail and the highest quality it would be best to start with the RAW file. I’d be glad to help you. Please send me the RAW file and I will see how I do.

best
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-22-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Visit my blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    Ritesh,

In your original post the details are coarse and crunchy, in part because the RAW conversion was less than ideal. The image was also dark and over-saturated. Artie's repost addresses the color/darkness issues but to get maximum detail and the highest quality it would be best to start with the RAW file. I’d be glad to help you. Please send me the RAW file and I will see how I do.

best
    Thanks for your replay. I over it now on my last post after the talk with Artie's. Yes I can understand now after you tell what mistake I make in my photos after you explain....... I am glad to shear raw file with you. I will send message to you tomorrow after upload RAW file to cloud , you can download it from there. If you want I can send by email also.......

Thanks for understanding my emotions..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is my version, processed with all the steps described in detail in DPP4 Guide. you be the judge

Attachment 148759

It is worth mentioning that the capture settings were less than ideal, Ritesh used ISO 1600, f/7.1 at 1/20sec. Therefore the RAW was not as sharp is it could be. If I were in this situation, I would have used ISO 6400, f/5.6 at 1/125sec which would have likely resulted in sharper RAW and higher quality if a larger file of print was needed. Nevertheless, it is a great photo and deserved the best processing

In this article I show the effect of using a slow shutter speed on RAW sharpness

http://arihazeghiphotography.com/blo...always-needed/

best
    Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 01-24-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Visit my blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Arash and thanks. Folks like me with less than great vision need to consider the images in Pane #1 and Pane #12 and look carefully at the following:

1-fine feather detail in the feathers on the top of the head and the hind crown. The detail is much greater in the Pane #12 image.
    2-the detail and sharpness in the bill and the lizard's tiny right fore-foot where it is grabbing the bird's bill. The sharpness and fine details are much greater in the Pane #12 image as compared to the original post.
    3-the sharpening halo along the top of the head in the Pane #1 image is greatly reduced, nearly absent in the Pane #12 version.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What an image it turn out after you post prosess it again from the raw.

Now I can see there is 100% difference in the small and medium details on both subject. The colour are now more cool and much realistic now. The feather details are top notch and I love it. The sharpness is just perfect. This is just magic you turn it to very next level ........... Thanks for doing this for me.
    I admit that My version is not that good and I have to work on My PP skill And I will learn a lot for this experience.

Thank you very much Arash and I love your work from the beginning and it will follow till the end......... Lot of love to you and Arthi.

18. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post