Thread: Cuban Bullfinch

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cuban Bullfinch

Attached Images Attached Images

This is my entry to the theme of the month. I took this image yesterday in a local Botanic Park. This the female of the species, the male is much darker glossy black. I didnt have much luck with the males as there seems to be much less in the park and this female was the only one coperative enough. This species is only found here in Grand Cayman and Cuba.

D750 | 300mm f2.8 w/ 2X TC | 1/400s | f/8 | Auto ISO 1250 - I didnt realize I used such a slow shutter speed for this image until now

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Raybel, looks like decent IQ, well exposed and an interesting subject. However, and I hope you don't mind my honesty, but something just does not work for me in this image. I think it may be that there are too many green leaves or the white diagonal line through the image. Perhaps consider cloning out a few of the leaves (if your style allows) and tone down the diagonal line.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Flack View Post
    Hi Raybel, looks like decent IQ, well exposed and an interesting subject. However, and I hope you don't mind my honesty, but something just does not work for me in this image. I think it may be that there are too many green leaves or the white diagonal line through the image. Perhaps consider cloning out a few of the leaves (if your style allows) and tone down the diagonal line.
    Thank you for honest comment Richard. I was thinking about the diagonal line aswell while working on the image. I may give it a try on maybe cloning it out.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love how the Huisache has framed the bird and I like the bg color. Nice exposure. What an interesting bird. I like your choice of bird placement and your comp. Agree that toning down the white diagonal wouldn't hurt the image. Ideally I would've wished for a slightly lesser head turn.
    Overall a very pleasing image Raybel.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I went back today and played with the image a bit more. I tried blending the BG more to get rid of the white line and did a bit of spot clean up on the birds face. Make her look less rough :)

Thank you guys for the suggestion.