Thread: Snowy Release

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snowy Release

Recently Maryland Department of Natural Resources invited me to photograph the release of a Snowy that had been in re-hab for about 6 months after having surgery at The Baltimore Zoo. "Delaware" appeared to happy and dreaming of some decent food, maybe a nice duck for dinner.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Allen:

She does look happy and excited to be free at last. I know, flagrant anthropormorphism, but thats how it strikes me!

Like the clouds, adds depth, upward angle in frame, exposure.

I might move her to the right of the frame so she isn't quite so dead center.

Please include your camera/lens and post processing info with your posts. It helps understand the image creation process and allows for better critiquing.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the happy face and great look at the rabbit like feet. I agree with Randy's comp suggestion. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot, great looking bird.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Stout View Post
    Allen:

She does look happy and excited to be free at last. I know, flagrant anthropormorphism, but thats how it strikes me!

Like the clouds, adds depth, upward angle in frame, exposure.

I might move her to the right of the frame so she isn't quite so dead center.

Please include your camera/lens and post processing info with your posts. It helps understand the image creation process and allows for better critiquing.

Cheers

Randy
    Sorry, My new camera files data cannot be read.... as my operating system (xp) cannot be up-dated.......I do know this much:D 810, manual, F8, 1/!600.....Iso I can't read it was floating. Lens 70-200 2.8. While I recorded and saved raw/jpeg I can't process the raw files until I get a new computer. I did drop the ev .3 after shooting the sky for a reading. Practically no post processing was necessary. Light was in my favor, slightly cloudy conditions. I have plenty of canvas so will try a re-crop as per your suggestions. Thanks!