Thread: Southern Emu Wren

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Southern Emu Wren

These tiny Wrens are about 6 cms long and their beautiful tails nearly twice that.This was taken on the southern cliffs of Kangaroo Island.I know the settings are a bit off but I was trying for a flight shot and he turned up 180 degrees away for about 3 seconds[excuse!] comments welcome.

1DX
    300MM
    F2.8
    ISO2000
    1/8000TH
    HH
    +.67

Name:  A24W0140 (1).jpg
Views: 126
Size:  101.3 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

OMG their tails are SO long and they are so adorable looking. Killer perch, BG and pose. Your bird is looking a little crunchy to my eyes. Not sure if it's a large crop or too much sharpening. How much space did you have and are you able to try a crop with the bird to the right of the frame a little to give more room to the tail?
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Scarr View Post
    OMG their tails are SO long and they are so adorable looking. Killer perch, BG and pose. Your bird is looking a little crunchy to my eyes. Not sure if it's a large crop or too much sharpening. How much space did you have and are you able to try a crop with the bird to the right of the frame a little to give more room to the tail?
    Thankyou Marina actually I have not done much sharpening at all because thats what they look like especially round the 'streaky' head The crop is 50%.I shall move the bird over to and see what it looks like the right Thanks again

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot of a rather secretive bird in our region! Looks a bit noisy in the background and the bird`s colour is a bit washed out, maybe a touch more saturation could lift this image even more.