Thread: Circle B or Fort de Soto...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Circle B or Fort de Soto...

Hi Folks,
    Been away busy with work and school and hoping to get back on the horse :)

I'll be in the Tampa area this weekend (November 27 to 29) but only have one morning available to go shoot. Where would you go: Circle B or Fort de Soto? I will be staying at a home where both locations are almost exactly the same distance-wise. I figure traffic before sunrise won't be that much of an issue for either location. I also like the fact that Circle B opens well before sunrise (which I think should be at around 6:30 am)

I've been to Fort de Soto many times and have enjoyed them all. I've never been to Circle B, so I don't know exactly which trails to take when I'm there. I've seen this map (http://www.blog.catandturtle.net/wp-...eserve-map.jpg) and it appears to me that Marsh Rabbit Run is where the action may be. Am I wrong?

Any suggestions and actual paths to take at Circle B would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andres, I live near Circle B so go there often. If you go there I would begin on Heron's Hideout. The rising sun will be on your left side so mostly I watch the right side of the trail. A short way along Heron's Hideout is a large Bald Cypress tree, a good place to catch birds flying in to perch. From Heron's Hideout trail you could go up Marsh Rabbit trail to Wading Bird Way. Along Wading Bird Way there is a pond that sometimes has Osprey and Eagles. Marsh Rabbit Run and Alligator Alley both have a lot of vegetation along the sides of the trail with the leaves still on making vantage points difficult. The area is about a thousand acres of wetlands, with some upland areas. Early morning is mostly photographers and joggers, mid morning seems to bring the general public. Wishing you the best if you go there.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your feedback! I think I'll be heading there tomorrow morning. Weather promises to be quite clear and cold.