Thread: Theme: Black Forest

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Black Forest

Attached Images Attached Images

Slight crop and rotation. Used a quadtone preset from Luminous Landscape and a texture which I desaturated. Other usual PS adjustments, sharpening, darkened the eye etc. Had to save for web at 65!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This scene was made for black & white, and you did a terrific job with it. I like the original capture with the pose of the moose, the composition, and the range of tones. The lower vegetation in the foreground and the trees in the background give a nice sense of depth. Great detail, too.

I assume the title is a product of your imagination and not where this was really taken. Probably the Algonquin forest???

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That moosey eyeball is really eye-catching !!! It is always so fascinating how such a big animal can blend in so well with the background. Good that there is some light on her face, and I like that up-tilted head pose. The b&w works very well here, I can see both the forest & the trees. The tones seem to provide a more visual order that color can sometimes obscure. Maybe this is one of the reasons animals usually have limited color vision.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bishop View Post
    This scene was made for black & white, and you did a terrific job with it. I like the original capture with the pose of the moose, the composition, and the range of tones. The lower vegetation in the foreground and the trees in the background give a nice sense of depth. Great detail, too.

I assume the title is a product of your imagination and not where this was really taken. Probably the Algonquin forest???
    Yes Dennis, it was Algonquin Provincial Park. My imagination carried me away with the title, because the forest seemed seemed dark and foreboding !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a great capture of the moose! Nice composition all around and black and white really works here. Nice work!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with above this image screams B & W, perfect for theme, excellent capture.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous. Great pose, composition, processing. Crisp. Interesting. Great eye--yours and the Mooses.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated