Thread: Theme: Black Dog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Black Dog

Attached Images Attached Images

To start the theme...I converted this already black & white Alaskan sled dog to Black & White in PS. Then I added a layer of fractalius that made me think of the blustery snow that these dogs are used to.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this a lot. The background is wonderful. You're right, it says snow. And the fur of the dog looks warm and fuzzy. Although the white of the muzzle looks good, I'd burn the white in the ears and in front of the eyes a bit. I also wonder about increasing the contrast of the eye. But I really, really like it the way it is.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the bg with all the swirls. Would like to see a little more definition around the outside of the eye. i.e. sharpness. Nice interpretation for these hard working critters. Alaska must have been fabulous!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dennis & Jackie. The eye also concerned me. I tried various adjustments and just could not get it exactly right. Now that I've been away from the image for a while maybe I'll see something new that will work. P.S. Alaska is indeed wonderful!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A really nice capture of the dog and as already mentioned the background looks great. I think you could just paint a little dark charcoal in the eye to liven it up as it does look cloudy. Great processing all around. I used to raise and show Siberian huskies in another lifetime.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous. Love the work you did here. The bg is perfect, and does look like swirling snow. Intense gaze. Beautiful dog. Others have commented on the eye.