Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
    White Balance = Auto white balance
    Focal Length In 35mm Film = 450mm
    Lens = Nikkor 70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
    Tripod

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Adrian:

Lovely bird, great colors, look back pose, light. Perch works well.

The line between breast and bg looks a bit too distinct, almost as if oversharpened, or a mask side effect.

Did you need to do much work on the background? With this short focal length, I assume this was taken from a hide?

Lovely capture.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice pose and BG, I like the perch too. I wish the sun was behind you, side light has created some shadows and it looks like that you tried to brighten the eye a bit which has made it look unnatural. I agree parts of the bird look over sharpened and BG shows some noise too.

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice bird excellent colors and IQ. One minor thing that can easily corrected is a sharpening halo above the beak.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous bird. I agree with comments of others regarding processing - just a little over-worked but nothing that cannot be fixed without too much trouble. Regards, Ian

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great looking bird on a nice perch. Good BG. I agree with the advice you already got, and I'll add that I hope you also got some verticals...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for the feedback!
    It seems that, I didn't managed yet, to accommodate with my new high resolution monitor, and that I can't evaluate correctly the amount of sharpness applied to the image, in post processing....
    If I may, could I ask you for any guidance and suggestions on how to evaluate the sharpness, other than common sense or visual impression? Is there any method to evaluate the right amount of sharpness
    that can be applied to an image, so that it will not look over sharpened or too soft? Unfortunately, when saving jpeg for web, from PSD or TIFF, the image quality will degrade and artifacts will show...more or less.

The image was taken from a hide, after four and a half hours of waiting....that's why the light was not in the "right place"....No chance to move the position of the hide, or you will wait forever for a bird to approach...and the background
    will be totally different (in a bad way). My European fellows can confirm that, here, the birds are extremely shy, and precautious.

Regarding the background, I always prefer it to be a little grainy, but I can selectively apply more noise reduction to it.

I will try to post process the image again from the RAW file, and see what will result. I hope to get more feedback from you!
    Thank you very much!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Adrian:

I wish there was an exact formula for how much sharpening to use. There are however some things I look for to indicate too much has been applied.

In birds, the straight lines of the feathers will start to have zig zags, very small but noticeable. You may hear people talk about the feathers starting to look a bit "crunchy" as if they are a bit more jagged then they should be.

Too much edge sharpening can sometimes make the bird appear to have been cut out and then pasted onto a different background. That was the look I was noticing along the breast, not dramatic, but a little too sharp of a cutoff.

I asked about the background, because it seemed almost too smooth, not that I wanted it smoother! I didn't know if you had deen extensive noise reduction or added some gaussian blur to smooth it out.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts.

Finally, let me add that there is a lot of difference between people on what they consider optimum sharpening. Some on this site really like it very sharp, more than I would do, others less so. Generally best to be in the middle on this issue!

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Randy for your advice! I also like the image to look as natural as it could be....I don't get it always...
    No extensive noise reduction on the BG. Just a little bit, on the entire image. The BG was some semi-dry mud....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

A slightly different PP....