Thread: My First 7D Mark II Frame

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My First 7D Mark II Frame

I just received my 7D II today, and spent a little time with it in my backyard this afternoon. My initial impression is favorable, but I've only shot a few frames so far. I have a 1Dx for high ISO photography, so I'm only interested in pushing the 7D II to the ISO 1600-3200 range. Here is a 100% crop of a frame taken at f/8, 1/640, ISO 1250 (600 mm II + 1.4x III); I processed the RAW file in DPP, bringing the exposure down a bit, sharpening to 3 and turning off all NR. I think it looks pretty good. I'm headed to Bosque del Apache tomorrow to see how the 7D II handles flight photography.

Name:  7D-II-ISO-1250.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  390.3 KB
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Doug:

I hope the 7D MKII is a great success, so it gets Nikon to finally release a high spec DX body.

Have a great time at Bosque!

Randy

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I got mine yesterday as well. Have not had a chance to use it outside on any birds yet (raining with no action at my set up this morning) but will post a high ISO image when the action picks up. It feels very solid, much better build quality than original 7D. Battery pack/vertical grip hasn't shipped yet.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good to me too, Doug! I had a chance to work on some flight photography this morning. IMO, the focusing system is equal to my 1DX. I'm very impressed so far!

f/9 @ 1/1000th ISO 1,250 - 800mm
    Last edited by Mark Theriot; 11-02-2014 at 05:01 PM.