Thread: Bird Photography Trip November 2014

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bird Photography Trip November 2014

Dear community,

I am starting a trip to Florida in a few days and I would highly appreciate your thoughts on my recent plans for bird photography. In advance, thank you Marina for the link to this forum!

1 day Naples: Marco Island
    3 days Ft. Myers/Cape Coral: Estero Island, library at Cape Coral for the owls, Sanibel Island, perhaps Bunche Beach (thank you Marina!)
    2 days around Tampa: Fort DeSoto Park, perhaps Myakka River State Park or Cirlce B Bar Reserve
    2 days Keys: Curry Hammock State Park, perhaps daytrip to the Dry Tortugas?

Beneath the burrowing owls, I would love to see and photograph bald eagles, as this might be a unique chance for me as European to see the bald eagles in their natural habitat. In addition I would be grateful for further tips or hints, especially for owls.

Thank you,
    Oliver

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Oliver I would spend more then two days at Ft Desoto if you could and I think the best spot in Florida for Burrowing owls is on the East Coast at Brian Piccolo Park if you can make it over.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you, Don! I spend two more days in Fort Lauderdale, as my wife would like to add a shopping trip ;) therefore I think I will have a look at Brian Piccolo Park!