Thread: Superb Blue Wren

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Superb Blue Wren

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for all the comments on my previous Blue Wren post. I agree that the Banksia cone did compete somewhat with this tiny bird species.

I have rather a fascination for these cones particularly when the seeds are expelled leaving the empty open seed-pods with intersting form and texture.

I did attempt to find a smaller Banksia cone although only marginally, and being on a dead branch it lacks the green foliage as the previos post.

Canon EOS 7D. Canon 100-400mm lens, 1/1000sec, F7.1, ISO 250. tripod, hide. (Wren attracted to perch as previous post)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John, beautiful bird and interesting composition. The head looks like it could do with a little more sharpening. (It seems the banksia is more focused than the head of the bird). TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would loosen the crop on this.
    The pose is sweet. Agree on a bit more DOF needed to get the birds head as sharp as the cone.
    I feel like you could get a bit more detail out of the blacks.
    It looks like the light was getting harsher in this image compared to the previous and that makes exposing this bird very tricky.
    I would work hard to find a nicer, smaller perch/cone for your set-up and try for sweeter light. You are on the right track and it is only a matter of time until you get " the one"!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John,

I'd say to take a look at a looser crop, to be able to include the entire cone. I like the pose quite a bit, but just wish that tail were a bit more in focus (although not a deal breaker).

Miguel

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful little bird, nicely shown. If mine I would try a looser crop to show all of the leaves beneath the cone. Still very nice the way it is. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John, you knowhow I feel about these cracking little birds, little nit covered re sharpness of the head, that really is a cracking pose.

Cheers Keith.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey stranger. Nice looking shot of this little beauty John. I do agree with the others about lessening the crop a bit and sharpening the head a bit but otherwise a sweet shot. Look forward to more.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com