Thread: Limeni

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Limeni

Name:  _DSC9947-as-Smart-Object-1-copy.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  358.5 KB

Back to the Greece photos after a a short break. Here is Limeni, a gorgeous little village on the coast, nestled between two mountains. The sun was setting, casting a nice yellow glow and making the water have a very painterly feel to it. I actually had to desat the blues in the water it was that blue.

Sony A77, Sony 16-50, F/11, ISO 320, Polarizing filter, Limeni in Greece, 2014

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dvir

Beautiful light & setting, sharp and I like the comp... and I would love to be sitting under that umbrella at what I presume is a restaurant... Not sure what you did with the water but it looks unusual, like the gold is floating above the blue.. My only other niggle is that the building RHS has a pretty well defined corner that is not vertical and I thought it was quite noticeable because it was so close to the border.. easy fix.. Over all, its great image I think...

DON

3. Thanks Dvir Barkay thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Don, glad you like it, the water pretty much looks like that minus the contrast in the original raw, I did very little post on this. Yup its a hotel, I didn't stay there because its expensive, but I can imagine the breakfast there, although the sun rises the other way as this faces west. Like I said the water was magical. the image is rather straight, I think its a bit of distortion although I corrected for that, you can see that the distant building are straight. Although maye a slight CW rotation like you say will help. Thanks for the help !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dvir, yes, I agree the images is horizontal and it was only the distortion in that one building that I thought needing fixing, maybe you missed that one? to be clear I did not think you needed any global image rotation...

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous sunset image with great light! I love it when water reflects light like that! I could see myself there...

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dvir, nicely done. I like the light and the pano crop. If you are not opposed to it I would clone out the swimmers.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Solid travel photograph, no nits from me.
    I would perhaps have liked a sliver more on top?
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE