Thread: Evening light

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Evening light

Attached Images Attached Images

I spent a great Weekend at Ft. Desoto. This shot was taken Saturday evening.
    D4s 500f4 @1.7tc.
    F7.1 1/2500 ISO 800
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 10-16-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I knew by the thumbnail where this shot was taken because I have some very similar frames. You must have been standing on the sand peninsula at the north marsh of Fort De Soto.
    I got some really nice frames of these Royals, but not sure if I have one this good. It is awesome!! What a great pose and I love the flight angle and the light angle hitting the Tern. The open beak, the great eye contact, the colorful BG and the great techs all make for a killer Tern frame. Very well done.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning. Wing position killer. Placement in relation to the far shoreline: perfect. Exposure: perfect. Blue and green combo BKGR: very pleasing and mellow.

Hand held or tripod? What were you doing at DeSoto???
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice light and nice up wing pose. I would rotate it to CC just a bit.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent flight pose (I especially dig the tilted up head). Lovely light and BG. I do see areas where the whites are hot and could be toned down in post - preferably during raw processing.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful flight image, lovely light special to Ft. Desoto. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really nice.
    I wonder if you can get a bit more out of the whites around the base of the bill. Whites look a bit hot there.
    Otherwise all excellent. The light is to die for!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks For the Feed back. Thanks David, you are right on, as to where I was standing. It's a great place to be in the Golden Hour.
    Artie , I believe this was shot on a tripod. As to what I was doing in Fort De Soto, I was hesitant to name drop a more accomplished Photographer, but I had the honor of helping you host a photo walk in the park on Friday evening. Followed by attending a BAA IPT on Saturday. It was a Dream Weekend for me. It was fantastic to be on one of my favorite beaches getting excellent guidance from you. We had a very small group and I made some new friends, who I hope will be posting here soon. Thanks again.
    Karl, you are correct on the rotation, and thanks for the feedback Joe.
    Daniel and Gail: Thanks for the time to comment. I was looking closely at the whites. I thought when I converted they were where I wanted them. But they do look a little hot. Your feedback is always appreciated.
    Robert Kimbrell

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A mighty fine image, Robert. Not a flaw.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Robert. It was great to have you along and you did a great job helping folks out. I hope to do it again.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.