Thread: More Topaz

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default More Topaz

Attached Images Attached Images

Impression, of course. The plugin de jour, I admit, but I sure am liking it and I think it has enough depth to keep me occupied for quite a while. As most of you know, I like turning photos into paintings and this is about the best plugin I've tried so far to accomplish that. I am pretty disappointed in Alien Skin Snap Art and the oil paint filter in most applications (including Photoshop) does not seem to observe the natural direction of the lines in the subject, which Impression seems to do quite nicely. This is something that Dynamic Auto Painter is good at, but it takes a bit of time and patience to get really good results from that one.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sweet, Your really enjoying this software I can see. I love the colors and the owl's position. Nice work....

p.s. So many birds lately, I see a trend developing

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The colours are super Kerry. Must admit I might buy Impressions, some really nice work being posted here. The lighting on the bird is terrific. Nice work

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful composition, colors and impression rendition! Love the lighter colored owl flying into the darker greens and purples. I really appreciate your comments on the various software applications.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For the way I build my images, Snap Art works a whole lot better for me than Impression. However, I really like what you're doing with it. This is another great example. Not just because of how you used Impression . . . The composition is right on, and I like where you caught the bird with respect to the blues in the image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice work Kerry. I haven't had time to work on another bpn image this week but I bought it yesterday after trying it on a restored photo of my father.