Thread: Buff Breasted Sandpiper, (juvenile)....showing the namesake :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Buff Breasted Sandpiper, (juvenile)....showing the namesake :)

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was mada few years ago. Buff breasted sandpipers are easily amongst the most confiding shorebirds in North American (imo). I have had several, including this one forage closer and closer to me until they were so close I could have touched them....they will come within inches without any coaxing. Their gentle noiseless gait, their large eyes,...they are easily endeared to anyone that spends a significant amount of time with them. This bird was once again photographed during fall migration in Northern Minnesota by the shore of Lake Superior. SonyA300, Tokina80-400mm, iso400, f9, 1/500...shot as a vertical and cropped for 8x10 presentation. Comments and critiques welcome.
    Regards,
    Shawn Zierman.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another beauty, Shawn. Love the colors of the grasses and the whispy feel that they give the image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice frontal pose, and that great view of the scaling feathers on the breast is very cool. No magenta cast here. Most of the dry grass habitat looks great, I just wish the one grass blade skimming the subject was not there. All else is top notch.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love how it appears to be floating on the soft grass. At first I thought it was a little overexposed, but then I decided the high-key look suited the subject, sort of appearing out of the grass. It must be wonderful to sit still and have them approach you.

I don't think it would be difficult to remove that grass stem (maybe both) if you're into that sort of thing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image Shawn. Love the complimentary background and how this image shows off the bird and his habitat. The only thing that I would prefer was not there is the blade of grass immediately to the left of the bird... just find it a bit distracting. (but no biggie). TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Shawn. I love the soft tones, sharpness and HA. I would like a bit more room on the right, just a bit

Tom

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Shawn , love this from the color/tonal POV !!!! very nicely processed .Bit more room to right and for the virtual feet would take this up a notch .Cracking sharpness where it counts.

Well done , TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The color pallet of this frame is what make it for me, and the killer detailed subject popping out of it. With or without the grasses, this one looks great. Well done Shawn.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Shawn, really good low angle of capture, and I like the pose. I actually like the grass as is and both sandpiper and and BG compliment each other with regards to colour. I felt the overall image could be toned down a touch and here is my version applying a multiply blending layer at 43%. Hope you done mind.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love how the subject has blended nice in the habitat, good details and HA. I might increase the contrast a bit
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image Shawn! I like the pose, IQ, setting and BG compliments the bird perfectly.