Thread: Double-striped Thick-Knee in Costa Rica

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Double-striped Thick-Knee in Costa Rica

Attached Images Attached Images

I recently visited the beautiful tropical dry forest in north western Costa Rica.
    In the first day my good friend Jessy López found this fantastic bird as we were driving by.
    As soon as these birds see you they remain motionless and then fly way or are very skittish and donīt allow you to come closer.
    I didnīt wanted to miss the opportunity given so I pull my 600 out of the car, no tripod, and started to approach the bird in a very inconspicuous fashion.
    Little by little the bird started to feel confortable with my presence and then I got closer and closer. Finally I composed this one in camera and made several images using different ISOs and apertures.

For this one

Mark IV
    600f/4@f/5
    SS 1/1000
    ISO 1250
    Hand held
    Natural light.

Thanks for looking.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely! At first look I thought that the foreground was a bit overpowering, but the more that I think about this, the more I think that the bird just pops from the green. The tiny yellow flowers add a nice touch. Sounds like good field work on your part.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this one, especially the green fore -and background. Fun and fun. Well done, Juan Carlos.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good. I like the low angle and grassy habitat. Lots of FG, but the comp feels balanced. I do find the image a tad too yellow...for the repost I added 30 points of blue and 4 points of red in Color Balance.

5. Thanks Juan Carlos Vindas thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Juan is looking already good in OP , Daniel has taken this up a notch by his moves.Very nice soft detail and color. Great low POV and i am fine with the overall comp. Very nice .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks every one for commenting and to Daniel for reworking the image. Will give it a try and see how it looks on my end :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the setting, walking pose, IQ, BG/FG and composition. Very well done Juan!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Looks good. I like the low angle and grassy habitat. Lots of FG, but the comp feels balanced. I do find the image a tad too yellow...for the repost I added 30 points of blue and 4 points of red in Color Balance.
    Hello Daniel and thanks again for working this image. I tryed this changes in the Tiff file but I noted that 30+ points of blue just made the image look too cool and I did not like the change as it as a warm sort of sunny pm when I made the image. Following your advise but will less blue made the image look good.