Thread: Atlantic Puffin in flight

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Atlantic Puffin in flight

Hi everyone, this is my first post on BirdPhotographer's community and i hope you'll enjoy it.

Taken this shot on my last trip in Scotland, UK (June 2014).
    It was the end of the day at the edge of Handa Island's cliffs and i was waiting for the moment when Puffin came back to his nest. I love the natural blur on the wings and the look toward the cliff which improve this "action shot".
    What do you think about ?

Nikon D600, AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Teleconverter TC-20E III
    400mm @ f8 - 1/1000s - ISO 3200
    Natural light, handheld.
    Capture NX2 for levels, curves and tones. Nik DFine 2 to reduce high ISO noise in background.

Cheers, Jerome.
    Last edited by Randy Stout; 09-14-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jerome:

A big welcome to BPN! You will find it a great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

Excellent 1st post, sharp where it needs, tells the story well, waves below, nice depth of field. The lighting was just right here.

Look forward to more.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

3. Thanks Jerome Berthelemy thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Randy /Jerome where is the wonderful 1st post ?
    Cannot see it
    Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bienvenue ā BPN Jerome!

I like the head-on flight path with a slight tilt of the head - that really shows us that it is looking for its nest. The lichens and flowers certainly add some interesting elements to the cliff. Personally I do find the large out of focus whites spots in the background unfortunate, but not much you could have done there (except remove them in post which may or may not be within your personal processing ethics). All-in-all an appealing image and first post. Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to more from you!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Andreas,
    I've edited my post to correct a misspelling and it seems to flew away like a bird
    If a moderator can help me ?
    Last edited by Randy Stout; 09-14-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

JEROME:

I have reattached your image to a later post. It shows up fine in your original post for Daniel and myself, and couldn't find any obvious problems, but moderators have different permissions, and thus can see an image that somehow isn't visible to all. I will see if I can find out what happened when you edited it, but at least I hope everyone can see your image now. My guess is that somehow you damaged the link to your photo when you did the edit.

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Stout View Post
    JEROME:

I have reattached your image to a later post. It shows up fine in your original post for Daniel and myself, and couldn't find any obvious problems, but moderators have different permissions, and thus can see an image that somehow isn't visible to all. I will see if I can find out what happened when you edited it, but at least I hope everyone can see your image now. My guess is that somehow you damaged the link to your photo when you did the edit.

Randy
    Thank you Randy
    I don't think that the link was damaged because the whole post (with the story, and settings details) has disappeared. i certainly do something bad but i don't know what.
    Sorry for that !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Randy!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I can' figure out what happened to Jerome's entire original post, but have added it below for all to see. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers

Randy

Hi everyone, this is my first post on BirdPhotographer's community and i hope you'll enjoy it.

Taken this shot on my last trip in Scotland, UK (June 2014).
    It was the end of the day at the edge of Handa Island's cliffs and i was waiting for the moment when Puffin came back to his nest. I love the natural blur on the wings and the look toward the cliff which improve this "action shot".
    What do you think about ?

Nikon D600, AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Teleconverter TC-20E III
    400mm @ f8 - 1/1000s - ISO 3200
    Natural light, handheld.
    Capture NX2 for levels, curves and tones. Nik DFine 2 to reduce high ISO noise in background.

Cheers, Jerome.
    Last edited by Randy Stout; 09-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    MY BPN ALBUMS