Thread: Getting Up Early I

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Getting Up Early I

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created at 6:27am on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at Nickerson Beach with the Gitzo 3532 LS carbon fiber tripod, the Mongoose M3.6 head, the Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens, the Canon Extender EF 1.4X III, and the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +2 stops as framed: 1/250 sec. at f/5.6 in Av mode.

Central Sensor/AI Servo-Expand/Rear Focus AF on the face of the closest skimmer and re-compose. Click here to see the latest version of the Rear Focus Tutorial. Click on the image to see a larger version.

Where did that color come from? Learn more about the creation of this image by trying your hand at the questions here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome. Microscopic and LAB color analyses are not needed :).
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 08-29-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool shot!!

3. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Amazing colours and fantastic framing Artie!. I like the idea, the birds placement and the vivid odours very much.

5. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful shot with stunning colors, Artie! Excellent composition as usual! TFS

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very different. Shots like this are either "love it or hate it". either way , photography is subjective , and thinking outside the box is always fun , and a learning experience.

9. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I see that as 60% Art and 40% photography. And, as Joe said, you either love or hate it. So, the art lovers amongst us will love it

11. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post