Equipment : 1Dx + EF 500 f/4 IS + 1.4x III
    ISO: 800
    Aperture : 6.3
    Exposure : 1/320
    Bias : +1
    Taken on a Bean Bag

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ishmeet, lovely pose, and against a clean BG. I like how all the colours in the overall image compliment each other.

Where did you capture this image?

3. Thanks Ishmeet Sahni thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice pose and shooting angle, I like the rocks for a perch. Colours do compliment but I feel it is a bit over saturated (Yellows and oranges). I would probably remove some off the bottom. Nicely done!

5. Thanks Ishmeet Sahni thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like this one. The colors of the scene speak of the desert and the Kestrel looks great against the BG. Nice detail and exposure too. Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

7. Thanks Ishmeet Sahni thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stuart thank you for your comments. This image was taken an hour and a half from Pune, Maharashtra, India.By the edge of a large water body.

Dumay and David, thank you for your comments. Dumay, your point about the saturation is duly noted, will surely try to fix that.

David, as I mentioned above, this image is taken on the bank of a large water body. However, the rock formation does give the feeling of a desert.
    Also the fact that the image was taken in the late evening with dying light, may also have contributed to that effect.
    Last edited by Ishmeet Sahni; 08-28-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely. IQ and design very nice. Yes to the yellow cast. If you could have gotten even a few inches higher you would have improved the image by moving the top of the bird's head below the top of the wall....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Lovely. IQ and design very nice. Yes to the yellow cast. If you could have gotten even a few inches higher you would have improved the image by moving the top of the bird's head below the top of the wall....
    Artie, thank you for your comments. I was in a vehicle driving when I came across the kestrel sitting on this bank, atop the stones. I was actually excited to get it at eye level that I did not think of the BG. I barely got a few shots off before it flew off. Next time given the time I will try to keep the BG in mind. Thanks.

11. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post