Thread: Peacock in habitat

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Peacock in habitat

Attached Images Attached Images

Handheld Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro & 1.4TC 1, (Auto) ISO 3200 1/1000 sec f11.
    I toned down the brightness of the seed heads and flower top right. I did a little light brushing here and there attempting to convey the surroundings without making them intrusive.
    All C&C welcome

Ron Conlon

I like where you were going with this, but the placement of the butterfly low in the frame looking out of it isn't ideal. The habitat is somewhat divided between far out of focus grasses and nearer flowers and grasses. If it were one or the other the composition would be stronger in my mind's eye.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Again I agree with Ron. Sweet subject and soft light but compositionally lacking for me. I find myself wishing that I was there so I could see how I would have done it differently.....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree from a presentational viewpoint the composition could have been better but I wanted to convey the chaotic, natural appearance of the scene, probably one of those moment where you have to have been there if you get my drift.