Thread: Retro Little owl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Retro Little owl

Attached Images Attached Images

little Owl retro
    Another from the old days. Had to use a 25 foot scaffolding for the hide for this one. Taken in the late 1960 's
    Copied from an Ecktachrome 100 asa slide. It would have been done on a pentax - probably an S1A and a Tamron 70-210 mm lens. Mecablitze 402 with two heads into one unit( You were not supposed to do it but it worked !!) Food is a Ghost Swift moth. For some reason a very popular food item of little owls in my 40 years experience with them.
    Rubbish by todays standards but oh - the memories..Had to rely on just the sound of the birds feet landing on the roof at the nest hole. Tried using red lights but never did very good. Many failures and was it expensive !!. Another old shot found during a pic request search. Seems like my old stuff is selling better than the new !! Thats bad !! I remember looking at these shots when we got the film back and jumping up and down in the air !! Sorry to reminice but thats all some of us have.
    Cheers
    JohnR
    Last edited by John Robinson; 07-23-2014 at 08:30 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I could look at these old pictures of yours for hours on end in cozy contentment. Thank you!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty dang retro cool image sir! That is one sweet prey item. I also enjoy the image with much less saturation...black and white version also has a nice vibe to it imo...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks both
    Shawn Yes I posted this at night with tungsten light and when I saw it this morning I thought it looked awful!! Definately a coulour problem. I agre it looks quite good in B&W
    Cheers
    John

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a mono one
    JohnR