Thread: Scilla

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Scilla

Attached Images Attached Images

These little flowers grace my front walk in early Spring. I brought some in to photograph.
    105mm macro, tripod.
    Crop, selectively darken, lighten, high pass, saturation. Viveza, CEP Lighten center.
    Textures: Kim Klassen: Providence (Linear Burn 76%), May (Soft Light 27%).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the color, the diagonal, and the orientation of the flowers in relation to both the stem and the flow of the image. It's nice that the stem doesn't point directly to the corners. Great vignette, too.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful!! Wonderful that the detail can come through the texture!

Wonder how it would look rotated 90 right (but with the vase cropped, of course).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Dennis and Diane. Diane: I just checked, and I didn't brush the textures off the flowers. I think it worked because the textures were light.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anita, another strong piece that works in more than one composition. I prefer the OP because it does contain the vase as an anchor point. A version without it would be just as strong, but more expected? I could also see this a s a vertical, again without the vase or even rotated so the vase is in the upper right with water drips added as though it were just knocked over. The color palette is easy on the eyes with just enough pop to accentuate the subject.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Farhy View Post
    Anita, another strong piece that works in more than one composition. I prefer the OP because it does contain the vase as an anchor point. A version without it would be just as strong, but more expected? I could also see this a s a vertical, again without the vase or even rotated so the vase is in the upper right with water drips added as though it were just knocked over. The color palette is easy on the eyes with just enough pop to accentuate the subject.
    Thanks, Randall. I took some shots without the vase. Will see how they look. I was inspired by my Snowdrop image which has a bit of vase in it to try similar compositions. I was trying to think of what I liked about the vase, and you named it--unexpected.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anita, I love the colors in this image, which somehow accentuate the delicate petals of the flower. I really like the composition too...especially the diagonal stem. The whole image evokes a sense of peacefulness.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Anita, lovely image and use of textures - you pick just the right ones for the image. My favorite part of the image is the vase in the corner - I love the placement and just the hint of vase. Very nice
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Wendy and Cheryl. I appreciate knowing how my images feel to others.