Thread: mallard duckling

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default mallard duckling

Attached Images Attached Images

I capture the image of this cute duckling this morning. It was overcast, requiring a high ISO, and thus producing noise (despite exposing to the right). I applied Nik DFine to reduce noise, and Nik Output Sharpener, but am still not sure it is sharp enough. Critiques welcome.
    Canon 7D with 300 f/4 lens and 1.4 extender
    ISO 1000, f 5.6, 1/250s
    tripod

Threads
    Thank You Posts

SWEET! not sure about the OOF foot.... but it does show "action/movement" which is ok. Perhaps some CW rotation? And, maybe even a bit more space.... as this is just a "little one"! Well done, Wendy!
    www.mibirdingnetwork.com .... A place for bird and nature lovers in the Great Lakes area.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's cute enough that sharpness isn't critical. for me! Well done in difficult conditions that are probably pushing the equipment limits. (Although spending 10x more for equipment might only give a 2x improvement...)

Looking down somewhat at the water can make it difficult to decide how to level a shot, but I'd try the rotation Sandy suggested and see if you like it.

Looks like focus may have fallen slightly behind the head, but hard to control with a moving subject. Looks like a great location -- keep shooting!