Thread: Theme: Iris

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Iris

Attached Images Attached Images

I used a bit of everything on this, Frac, Topaz Simplify, Photokit Toning, NIK Silver Efex. Small crop from the left. Taken with the 100mm macro @ 2.8.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

There are some beautiful shapes in this image. I wish the foreground in the right third of the image were not blurred, as it obscures the lovely petal behind. Not my favorite of your images.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Jackie, this has an ethereal quality to it that I like. I might explore different crops - it seems like there is too much negative space in the middle. I like parts of the right and parts of the left. Lots of lovely lines.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My hat is off to anyone who can shoot a macro at f/2.8! I love the petal going to the UR, but it's a tricky composition. I might crop from the bottom to get rid of the bright petal in the LR corner.

Hope to see more like this -- you could shoot hundreds of them of the same flower, all different!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think an image like this is best appreciated if one comes to it with no expectations and lets the image guide the experience. With the shapes and lines but limited elements in focus and a fairly narrow range of tones, there is a lot left to the imagination. It's a different type of experience but one that works quite well if approached the right way by the viewer. Playing with the image becomes interesting in an interactive way. I duplicated it, flipped the duplicate layer and tried different blend modes and opacities. There were some unexpected results that made me appreciate the original image even more.