Thread: Sparks Lane in the Rain

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Sparks Lane in the Rain

Attached Images Attached Images

I had already created this base image using a preset in Topaz B&W that desaturated it greatly and gave a soft foggy look with soft purple-pink colors. I opened a rad-looking inked texture from 2 Lil Owls that came with the large set I purchased. I plopped it over the image and it was no go, but I was determined to use it so I put it underneath the image with a white layer under it so I could lower the opacity and made the image smaller to create the "matte" effect. Then I later added another texture from 2 Lil Owls over that one under the image. I changed the blend mode of the image to soft light and duped it and set it to overlay. I lowered opacity on that layer. I masked the trees at about 50% opacity as they were too "spotted" and light. That's all I can remember!
    Last edited by Judy Howle; 04-19-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautifully done. The eye gets pulled right in and down the lane. The tone and textures are just right for this peaceful scene.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Mitch!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow! Unique. I like how the textures go from the image into the frame. I like the textures a lot, as well as the excellent image. It all works very nicely. What do you mean by " I put it underneath the image with a white layer under it so I could lower the opacity and made the image smaller to create the "matte" effect. ?"

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Anita. Your full message as came in the email notification of your reply asked what I meant about putting the texture underneath the image. I meant it literally that there is a white filled layer on the bottom, then the texture, then the image and duplicated image layers over that, one in soft light mode and one in overlay mode that let the texture show through.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Howle View Post
    Thanks Anita. Your full message as came in the email notification of your reply asked what I meant about putting the texture underneath the image. I meant it literally that there is a white filled layer on the bottom, then the texture, then the image and duplicated image layers over that, one in soft light mode and one in overlay mode that let the texture show through.
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to try it! You achieved stunning results.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was impressed with the technique too. I'll have to try it on other images. I don't have a lot of light ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Bower View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to try it! You achieved stunning results.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy, this is stunning! Thanks for your processing information. (I love the name "2 Lil Owls") This is very creative and very well-executed.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot Cheryl. Every once in a while I really climb out of the box and it works!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Your processing demonstrates that you are, indeed, a determined lady! Great results here -- with a very strong starting composition! Very! You get a lot of mileage out of that image!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like your base image, the duo-tone, and definitely the lines extending from the inner image into the mat. Very nice.