Thread: What is it??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default What is it??

Name:  Lesser-Yellow-Legs-1-for-web.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  134.8 KB

Hello, I think this is a 'lesser-yellow-legs'? Can someone confirm?

Thanks...Terry Johnson

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You're very close Terry. It is a Yellowlegs, but judging form the length of the bill (and that it is slightly upturned starting at about half its length) it would be a Greater Yellowlegs.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Surely a Greater. What month? It looks like a breeding plumage adult? Try to point your shadow at the birds!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

It was taken in early April, 2014. When available, I point my shadow at the bird...Thanks for the help...Terry

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Johnson View Post
    It was taken in early April, 2014. When available, I point my shadow at the bird...Thanks for the help...Terry
    Thanks Terry. Surely an adult in breeding plumage. When it is sunny, your shadow is always available :).
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.