Thread: Yellow-throated Warbler

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-throated Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

Last week I was bemoaning the departure of most of the overwintering waterfowl. But this week it seems that the early warbler migrants are starting to trickle in. This one is a bit of a rarity in this area. I found him thanks to a tip from the local listserv, and was pleased to get a few frames. He's interesting to watch, sometimes acting like a Nuthatch, sometimes like a B&W Warbler, sometimes like a GC Kinglet. But his signature yellow throat sets him apart from those. Normal levels adjustment, NR, USM, plus the removal of part of a branch. C&C always appreciated.

D7000, 700mm, ISO 800, 1/2500s @ f/7.1 manual.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A really nice image, Bill. The calling pose is great and you captured the colours beautifully. I might have lightened up the shadows on the branch and belly but that's just me. Great job.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice singing pose. The light was not your friend but congratulation to this rarity. I agree with Tim to lightened up the shadows on the branch and belly

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Spectacular image Bill Sir.
    Love the pose with open beak, yellow throat, magical colour pallet, beautiful BG and composition.

Regards,
    Satish.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks guys. I agree with the critiques. I wish I had found this little guy sooner, before the light got harsh. I did lighten the belly and branch before posting, but perhaps I didn't go far enough. I don't mind the branch too much, but I think I'll go back and dodge the belly some more.