Thread: How to Record an Action in PS

Fabs Forns

Default How to Record an Action in PS

Attached Images Attached Images

You can create your own actions for frequently used routines.
    Here's an easy way:

Open your image.
    Go to the Actions Palette, if it does not show, see Window and check Actions for it to show.
    Use the little drop menu to the top right, as show in number 1 in the sample picture.
    Choose New Action.
    You will get a dialog box, where you can name your action, choose a location for it inside the actions list, and assign a function key to it if you desire, for instance, F7 and a color too.

When you are ready to record, look at the bottom of the palette and the Record button will be lit. Click on it and go through your steps.

When you are done, go to the Stop button, left of the Record button, as shown in number 5 in the example.

You just created your own action. I have done this for standard noise reduction, curves, image sizing and other work flow steps. IF your image requires special work, best to do it by hand.

Michael Pancier

awsome. I'll try with your steps from the other post and see if I get it to work.

thanks

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I made an action that works--thanks for instructions. Now I just need to refine it (maybe get it to delete the 2nd image, the one that gets blurred, after it's made a copy to the clipboard); and make several actions covering different levels of blur (30%, 40%, 50%). I still can't get over how "3-D" this can make the subject look.

Michael Bertelsen

Thanks Fabs,

Great job at explaining. I will have to give it a try now that you have made it easy to understand.

Cheers,

Michael Bertelsen:D