Thread: Silver breasted broadbill

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Silver breasted broadbill

Playing around with the 7D. ISO 2000, 1/320, F/5.6, 500mm + 1.4, handheld.
    Shot about 50 shots of this guy walking down an old road. Most all tack sharp. This new IS is simply amazing.
    Opened in Canon software, WB, minor NR. Exported to photoshop, Cleared distractions, Topaz De-noise. Then some local sharpening. About 5 minutes PP.
    Not print quality for sure. But, ok for the net.

www.birdsthatfart.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/avianphotos

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have an amazing looking bird here with a killer BG and boy do they complement one another. Love the stare down this bird is giving you. I am seeing quite a bit of feather details here, although you may wish to try a tad more sharpening. The only thing I wish for here is a different composition. Do you have enough canvas to put him on the left side of the frame? I am amazed at the quality at ISO 2000. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 04-09-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A truly amazing bird & BKGR. Super sharp. The non-traditional image design bugs me. The BKGR between the bird's legs looks off-kilter.... One suggestion: with images this good you might consider a different name for your website, one that would not be somewhat offensive to some folks...
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Marina, Arthur. I do have the canvas and will try another pose.
    LOL, yea I get allot of flack over the name of my website. May change it one day?
    My best friend and I were joking around one day and as a lark I put up Birds that fart!
    Actually I Never never expected it to become popular?
    Sorry if it offends anyone.

Have a good one, Cheers Gary

www.birdsthatfart.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

YAW. For me it is a bit unprofessional...
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    YAW. For me it is a bit unprofessional...
    Just getting in from the Deep south of Thailand. Sorry about the delay in reply.
    Professional? it is just a hobby man. No one takes it seriously that I know of.
    Unless you are trying to make money at it.

Great hobby though. I personally enjoy it to the fullest. And do not care if anyone looks at the web page.. :)
    Personal thing for me.

Allot of the things you do Arthur I consider very unprofessional. But, I like your photos.

Have a good one, Gary

www.birdsthatfart.com