Thread: Isle of Mull

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Isle of Mull

I am going on a three day trip to the Isle of Mull, Scotland during the month of May. I will be residing on the north bank of Loch Spelve which is situated on the south side of the island. If anyone has been to the island I would love some information . Hopefully, to see some White Tailed Eagles and other species. Any advice before going on this trip would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

William

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

William there are truck loads of web sites to trawl through, however I have sent you a link which a friend of mine uses. As a rule if I haven't used them I won't post it. The only time I have seen WT Eagles was from far away, but you may get closer, plus there are otter too. Get the first ferry across, it's worth it and they do a good breakfast, however at the price they charge, so they should do! I wouldn't say Oban is the Seafood capital though. Can't remember but Glass point was quite good for buzzards, turn left when you leave the jetty. Visit Tobermory too for the quaint houses and have a wee dram too.

Good luck.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

3. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi William, if you haven't already seen it, have a look at the Mull Charters website - http://www.mullcharters.com/popular.html

I have seen some great shots of the White Tailed Sea Eagles taken from their boat trips.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

cheers Joe I've had a look and it sounds promising, we will probably go for it. What would you suggest whilst on a boat, handheld or monopod, I was thinking handheld and hope its not too rough

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    cheers Joe I've had a look and it sounds promising, we will probably go for it. What would you suggest whilst on a boat, handheld or monopod, I was thinking handheld and hope its not too rough
    Handheld without a doubt, from what I have read, you don't need anything over 300mm, they are so big & come very close to the boat, you should have a great time, would love to do the trip myself some day.

7. Thanks William Dickson thanked for this post