Thread: Snowy Owl

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snowy Owl

As you probably know, Snowy owls have migrated down from the Arctic tundra, spotted as far south as Florida, and many more being spotted in the Northeast. Experts say it’s the largest migration of snowy owls to the United States in decades. Before this 2014 mass eruption of snowy owls, I had only seen them far and few between, but this year, I have laid eyes on countless numbers of these arctic visitors.
    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Canon EOS 7D
    1/200
    ISO-800
    Last edited by Daniel Cadieux; 03-01-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Added image and changed font colour.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Cody, welcome to BPN!!

The image was not showing so I added it for you. Here's a handy thread that can help you fir future postings:
    http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...g-Instructions

We've been pretty fortunate this year haven't we! Well exposed and well detailed image. I do wish for more light and vibrancy in the eyes though. I also feel a vertical portrait would have worked better. Beautiful tan background you got here.

Thanks for sharing, and hope to see more from you (and don't be shy to critique others' works too)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice job on the details and exposure in this gorgeous creative. The owl is a little big in the frame for me. I have worked up a quick RP with more sharpening and added some exposure. You might not see too much difference unless you put them side by side.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot! I also agree that the owl is a bit big in the frame, I would add a bit more room at the top and move the owl more toward the left. The owl does look a bit dark on my calibrated monitor, and Marina did a good job adding some exposure.