Thread: Dreamy Solomon's Seal

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dreamy Solomon's Seal

Attached Images Attached Images

When the wind is blowing, I'll sometimes use AF-C autofocus mode to track the moving leaves. It often works quite well, especially when the depth of field is very shallow. I can sometimes get away with amazingly slow shutter speeds, like in this example.

D2x
    f6.3
    1/80 sec
    iso 200
    300mm F4 + 1.4 TC=420mm

Gus Cobos

Very nice composition Mary,
    Like the defused look...:)

Alfred Forns

I like it a lot Mary !!! Different for sure !!! Originally I was thinking horizontal but this works very well. Sort of turns you around to look. Excellent tonal changes !!!

Robert O'Toole

Hi Mary,

Love the patterns and the green tones with the soft sunlight hitting the top leaf and the black BG really works here.

I might darken the the lightest edges just a little, but thats just a pers pref.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Mary,
    I really do like this! I would probably go with the horizontal.....but again......personal preference. Robert got me thinking..............and I'm just asking to see if you tried it because i really do like this as is........but did you try lightening the D green BG a hair and toning down the brighter leaves??? I ask.......because as I analyze this........it might just add more tonal dimension than you already have.........and that a lot! Very well done!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    Hi Mary,
    I really do like this! I would probably go with the horizontal.....but again......personal preference. Robert got me thinking..............and I'm just asking to see if you tried it because i really do like this as is........but did you try lightening the D green BG a hair and toning down the brighter leaves??? I ask.......because as I analyze this........it might just add more tonal dimension than you already have.........and that a lot! Very well done!
    I tried lightening the background, but didn't like it. The high-contrast version is more surreal and interesting. Lowering the contrast made it look too much like the real scene. I can see that all summer in the garden....don't need to take a picture of it, though I'm sure some may prefer it over what I did. :)