Thread: Julie Inspired me!

Roman Kurywczak

Default Julie Inspired me!

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken about an hour ago.........I saw Julie Kenward's post on the Gerbera daisy......loved it, especially the angle..........it's also my wife's FAV! Been playing with backlightting..........and as most of you know.........I'm addicted to f32! What i love about these forums is that you the members also inspite us...the moderators with your work. Do not get discouraged! Keep working at it!!!........hopefully we inspire each other!
    Mark 3 and the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT 24 lights at minus 1 stop. Gold reflector......mostly natural backlight! .......f32 at ISO 800 for 1/100 sec.
    As always comments welcomed and appreciated
    Last edited by Roman Kurywczak; 05-13-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: not diffuser.reflector

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a good one, Roman. For me the framing works well and the colors are catchy....good back light. Well done.

Julie Kenward

So now I have to go back and top THAT? Game on! :D

I love the lighting. I really have never thought of using artificial lighting or reflectors with flowers but this is so dramatic! I absolutely love it.

Now...what to do next....
    Last edited by Julie Kenward; 05-13-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow thats impressive Roman. Julie also inspired me with her Gerbera and I took a heap of similar images but using bright sunshine for frontal lighting - Yuk :( Back to the drawing board!!
    Love your lighting here, works really well for me!!

Roman Kurywczak

Default didn't read entire reply

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Kenward View Post
    So now I have to go back and top THAT? Game on! :D

I love the lighting. I really have never thought of using artificial lighting or reflectors with flowers but this is so dramatic! I absolutely love it.

Now...what to do next....
    Julie,
    The backlighting was natural.........late afternoon sun through my window indoors...........the reflector & fill light(mt24 twin lights at minus 1) was so the green stem/base wasn't so dark. Hope this clarifies!

PS Brain dead..........I'm pretty sure quite a few people would prefer your original wide open shot over mine! This is just an example of different. At this moment........get rid of your bright spot........you still got me beat!
    Last edited by Roman Kurywczak; 05-13-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Brain dead!

Roman Kurywczak

Default You inspired me to do backlighting!

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper View Post
    Wow thats impressive Roman. Julie also inspired me with her Gerbera and I took a heap of similar images but using bright sunshine for frontal lighting - Yuk :( Back to the drawing board!!
    Love your lighting here, works really well for me!!
    That's funny John.........you gave me the inspiration for backlighting!

Gus Cobos

WOW...:eek: Killer image and composition Roman. Love the back lighting. Very nice soft pastel colors on the flower...:D

Dave Phillips

outstanding all around IMO.
    stem might could be a tad darker for effect

Robert O'Toole

Love this one Roman, great image design and comp.

Robert

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    That's funny John.........you gave me the inspiration for backlighting!
    That is funny :D
    I should have known better but it was the first time I've ever photographed a flower :o
    I was just filling in time one afternoon but now I am inspired to really get serious!!!

Ed Vatza

From the moment of seeing this image as a thumbnail, I knew it was a winner. Excellent composition, excellent detail, love the backlighting. Everything looks great. A home run!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning image! I love the dynamic, graphic look to it...the way the lines make your eyes travel to and from the stem.

Gayle Clement

The lines of the petals radiating out are terrific. Terrific composition. I'd love to see this in a really big print.

Ed Prete

I echo many of the sentiments above. Well done and a big print should also be done.