Thread: A sad Day

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A sad Day

It has made National News, One of the Bald Eagle chicks made famous on the South West Florida Eagle Cam has died. " E-3". The first of two in this years season became ill and died on Sunday morning. Any guess as to the reason could only be speculation. E-3 hatched on December 23 with E-4 to follow on December 25. E-3 being the first born and larger was the alpha chick. Any Health concerns all focused on E-4. as he was smaller and potentially not fed as well.
    Personally I am very sad and admit ( right or wrong) I have personal attachment to this Eagle family. I have visited the nest nearly every weekend since mid December and was at the nest when E-4 hatched.
    On the brighter side, Harriett fed E-4 a big meal today, looked like squirrel. He was eating eagerly and I was glad to see Harriett was being attentive to him. To me, he looked like he is doing well. I don' t follow the social stream much but I think there is talk of naming him "Braveheart".
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very sorry to hear this news, Robert. It's so easy to become attached to the birds that we photograph so often, and I feel your pain. TFS.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook