Thread: Limpkin In Flight

Judy Lynn Malloch

Default Limpkin In Flight

Attached Images Attached Images

This was taken a month ago at Green Cay. The Limpkins have been quite active this year due to the abundance of snails to be found there this year.

Nikon D200, Nikon 300mm F2.8, ISO 200, 1/1250, F7.1, hand held.

All comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Ákos Lumnitzer

I think the exposure and the downturned wings look great. Perhaps I wish for a little more space below as opposed to above the bird.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I also like the downturned wings, and I like the "hunchback". I'm not sure about the shadow cast on the far wing though...I wish it wasn't there.

Alfred Forns

I like it a lot Judy See them flying around but have not gotten one I really like !!! This I do Nothing much you could do about the heads shadow on the wing except pray for clouds !!! Big Congrats !!!

Axel Hildebrandt

I agree with Akos regarding the position in the frame. This is a species I still have to find. Not too likely around here. :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the baby blue color of the sky as it compliments the rich brown of the limpkin. Beautiful, pleasing image, Judy Lynn.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy Lynn very nice sharp image of a bird that I've never seen. Your details don't mention if any fill flash was used. Could its use have perhaps softened the shadow on the far wing? Still a keeper.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judylynn
    I found my first Limpkins finally last year. There's something about them that give off a warm and satin like appearance that is so appealing. A wonderful flight shot.

Linda Robbins

I really like this image. Sharp detail, perfect exposure, and great flight pose. I think the shadow of the bird's head and neck on the far wing adds interest.

Linda

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Judylynn a very nice shot excellent wing position I do agree about taking some off the top and adding more to bottom

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice capture Judy. I like the wing position showing off the patterned top side of the bird. Gooddetail and exposure. Personally I would like the bird with the downward sweeping wings flying topside of the frame..but that's a minor personal nit. Well done.

Michael Rosenbaum

This is a winner, Judy. Very nice image with the shadow of the neck and head on wing. My druthers would be a tighter crop on the top, giving the image more dynamism...but you certainly did well here.