Thread: Spring migration fever?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spring migration fever?

So...who else is experiencing this annual "bug"? Everywhere you look a new (for this year) species pops up. Just this evening I had an Indigo Bunting on my feeder...first sighting of this bird ever for my backyard list:). Warblers galore, flycatchers, thrushes, rails, sparrows, swallows, vireos, orioles, the list goes on and on.

If only we had the time to photograph them all.....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's fabulous Daniel. Spring is coming slowly here but as you say new species for the year pop up all over the place. It is a magic time for photography here right now because the leaves are still not out so visibility is excellent.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lol Dan, this is a time of year when we birders/photographers are in heaven...today I went to Mud Lake (disappointing) so I decided to try JP Trail, what a surprise...7 different warblers including an Ovenbird, many Swamp Sparrows got a great shot of one for my collection, Night Heron, and of course very obliging Virginia Rails but IF YOU GO BRING BUG JUICE they are out in force. I am going to Rondeau and Pelee this weekend, with stops along the way...we may as well enjoy it while it lasts.....Paul

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I know I am.....Im dying to get back east to photograph some of these eastern warblers. Heading to Long point next week and will be also hitting up a few other spots over the next three weeks. I hope I get some cooperative birds :) I've been having no luck on the west coast lately :(

Philippe Collard

I certainly have the bug right now, last fall I sold my 400mm DO because I thought I had lost interest in bird photography. But in the last two months I began all excited again and got a 1DMKII and a 500mm! I am constantly urging to go out and shoot, that's not good for my love life (the GF says I am obsessed) but I feel so good being out there making bird pictures it's like heaven. Last week I saw my first Baltimore Oriole of the year and that made my day (or week). I'll calm down a bit early July, not so many opportunities at that time and lots of black flies :D

Cheers,

Philippe.