Thread: A Seat of Kings

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Seat of Kings

My first post here so I hope I did everything correctly.

Here is a shot from the Roman ruins of the ancient city of Priene. There is a small theater there, and in the theater there are a few magnificent seats which were reserved for the rich and wealthy. The sun was getting lower in the sky and it cast a nice afternoon glow which really helped bring out the colors of the site.

Sony A700, Sony 16-50/2.8 SSM
    f/14, ISO 500, Handheld as I forgot my tripod

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to the landscape forum, Dvir!
    I like this scene, makes we feel like I'm in a LOTR movie hehe.
    Those seats were perhaps for wealthy or kings but they still look like a good place to develop a lower back problem .
    I like the sunburst coming through and the overall mood. Exposure looks nicely balanced too.

Now, if you were a full-on BPN member you could post this at 1200px so we could REALLY enjoy it!
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

3. Thanks Dvir Barkay thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morkel Erasmus View Post
    Welcome to the landscape forum, Dvir!
    I like this scene, makes we feel like I'm in a LOTR movie hehe.
    Those seats were perhaps for wealthy or kings but they still look like a good place to develop a lower back problem .
    I like the sunburst coming through and the overall mood. Exposure looks nicely balanced too.

Now, if you were a full-on BPN member you could post this at 1200px so we could REALLY enjoy it!
    Thank you Morkel
    I didn't know you are on here, didn't see your name on the mods section. I know a lot of your work from naturescapes, not sure you ever saw my work on there.

I am glad you like this one, its one of my best (after 1.5 years of photography). I will join at one point and post it bigger as its much better large.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to the Landscape Forum Dvir!!! A very nice first post...you handled the lighting very nicely...as an alternate version what do you think of a pano crop without the sky and trees showing...all that stone work with a touch of Detail Extractor would look quite nice I think...just at thought. Looking forward to more of your landscape work

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you, I thought of doing that actually, but the rocks in the background aren't strong enough for me, I also love the greens that add a dash of color to a very grey/bluish colored stones.