Thread: Burrowing owl with attitude

RoxanaRosell

Default Burrowing owl with attitude

Attached Images Attached Images

This photograph was taken at Cape Coral . It is a RAW image created with a Canon 1D, Mark II. 500 lens with 1.4 X tele, f/6.3 1/640 ISO 200.
    I got a laugh out of his expression and thought I'd share.

DanWalters

I kind of like the tight crop. Brings attention to the eyes. Maybe just a little more room on the right side to balance out the comp.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Hi Roxana and welcome. The iimage looks like it was taken in some pretty strong light as the color iis rather washed out on my monitor.. Also the OOF grasses in front I find distracting but I like the very stern expression you captured here as well as a very nice BG. Because this was shot in raw you can change the exposure and darken up the image a little as well as a touch of USM. and I too would like to see more space all the way around. The crop is very tight im this capture. Thanks for sharing

Axel Hildebrandt

Very nice, Roxana. The OOF grass doesn't bother me too much. I would also give it more room and sharpen a bit more. The owl was obviously not too happy about your presence. :)

Maxis Gamez

Hi Roxanna,

The green FG does not bother me at all but the dry grass does a lot. I love the mean look and like Judy said perhaps using curves will give you better colors and tonality.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the expression but agree that it is presented a little light... but that is easily fixed.

Sue Palmer

The expression here .. marvelous!, would love to see what you come up with after following the suggestions above.
    Sue