Thread: Spot-billed duck in flight

Gautam Biswas

Default Spot-billed duck in flight

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created on the new years day, early morning in Sultanpur Bird sanctuary in Gurgaon, close to New Delhi.

The image was created with a Canon EOS 1D III with a EF 500mm f4 IS L lens and a 1.4TC in AF servo mode at ISO 320 f 9.0 and 1/1250 sec. The 1D III is my first pro level DSLR and I am still getting used to it. Getting the focus right on flying birds is still tricky for me.

Critique on this image is most welcome .

Judy Lynn Malloch

Hi Gautam, Congratulations on your new equipment. It is always great to have new toys !!! Very nice capture and well placed in the frame. Wonderful Blue BG and good detail and wing position, Even have a catchlight in the eye. I would like to see a tad more light on the underwing and perhaps S/H could help here. Otherwise a lovely captture.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Hi and welcome!
    What a lovely shot. :) It appears to me that the head looks a tad softer than the wings, which is strange and the little white patch on the wing also seems a touch on the hot side, which is an easy fix.

Keep on shooting!

Axel Hildebrandt

Welcome, Gautam. Beautiful bird and very nice pose. I agree with Judy regarding S/H. The whites on the wing look a bit overexposed. Keep them coming. :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Gautam and a lovely first image. The others have offered some good suggestions. I have nothing more to add.