Thread: Bryce Canyon Panorama

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bryce Canyon Panorama

Hello, this panorama was taken in Bryce Canyon National Park. It is 7 vertical images stitched together in Photoshop CS6. Taken with a Nikon D7000, 18-200mm lens at 22mm, F-16, 1/60 of of a second, ISO-100, A-priority. The final image has been printed out at 24" X 60". Thanks for viewing...Terry Johnson

www.tj622.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Terry, I think you captured the sweep and grandeur of the canyons nicely. I like the placement of the sky in the frame and the tree anchoring the right hand side of the image. I do wish the tree on the left was not cut in half and I would have toned down the highlight a bit to even out the tonalities they appear a little bright on my screen.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Terry

An interesting piece of terrain here, pity you had to share it..! I like the colours but agree its bright and I think a bit more contrast might help. I also would prefer the LH tree to be intact or maybe it could be cropped to eliminate.

DON

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the sweeping view. I too find the highlight a bit much on-screen, but I bet it printed up very nicely. We'll have to come over to your house to see it as its meant to be.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Terry,nicely framed but taken at the wrong time of day. When the early light hits those rocks they have a tendency to glow. As the light gets higher the rock flattens out.
    If you have another chance at this I would get there very early...